Pymble Ladies College is an independent, non-selective, day and boarding school for girls, located in Pymble, a suburb in the North Shore of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Pymble Ladies’ College was founded in 1916 by Dr John Marden.
Twenty hectares in size, the grounds of the College feature a 50m swimming pool, gymnasium, several fields, tennis courts, an agriculture plot, library, buildings dedicated to specific subjects: an art building, a technology and applied studies building, a languages building, and a science block. There is also a music building, a chapel, healthcare centre, three boarding houses (Lang, Goodlet and Marden) and the most recent additions – the Gillian Moore Centre for Performing Arts in 2005 and the Senior School Centre – Kate Mason Building in 2011.
The college, formerly a school of the Presbyterian Church of Australia, is now administered by the Uniting Church in Australia, and is a founding member of the Association of Heads of Independent Girls’ Schools (AHIGS). Girls of any faith may attend the school, although they are expected to also attend a fortnightly chapel service. The school caters for all classes from Kindergarten to Year 12.
There are eight houses in the secondary school, including the original three, Lang, Goodlet and Marden, and five more added in 2009, Wylie, Bennett, Ingleholme, Hammond and Thomas.There are three houses in the Preparatory and Junior Schools named after famous Australian authors, Gibbs (after May Gibbs), Mackellar (after Dorothea Mackellar) and Turner (after Ethel Turner).